Patrick Asks PERM:
Thank you for the information on thermal conductivity testing. I have a few additional questions if you don’t mind:
- Can you perform thermal conductivity tests over various temperature ranges, and if so, what is your upper limit for temperature? (The big problem is in testing above 100°C because the connate water flashes to steam unless pressures are maintained above the saturated-steam pressure.)
- Do you perform directional thermal expansion tests? Over what temperature ranges? Upper limit?
- Thermal Heat Capacitance? Over what temperature ranges? Upper limit?
Dr. Apostolos Kantzas from PERM Answers:
Please see the answers below:
- We have done up to 200°C.
- Up to 250°C with an expandable piston. This is not routine. We can do it with a plug or full diameter core.
- Up to 200°C.
Dr. Apostolos Kantzas
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK PERM AT [email protected] OR ON THE CONTACT US PAGE!