Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Laboratory
PERM Inc.’s Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Laboratory focuses on Customized Special Core Analysis and Enhanced Oil Recovery Laboratory Experiments for the Oil & Gas Industry. NMR Technology is a Non-Invasive method for acquiring data.
Our team, headed by Dr. Apostolos Kantzas, routinely combines tomographic imaging and NMR technology with special core analysis and enhanced oil recovery laboratory tests. This allows us to gain deeper insight and visualization into what is occurring during laboratory experiments in a non-invasive manner, even at high temperatures and pressures.
PERM Inc. is one of the foremost experts in applying NMR technology to special core analysis, enhanced oil recovery, and characterizing unconventional reservoirs. We have hundreds of publications, and we can do tests at reservoir conditions in an NMR.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Overview
PERM Inc. has spent over twenty years developing tools and techniques that are proprietary IP for characterizing conventional and unconventional core. We are very proud of our accomplishments in these areas, and we continue to conduct research to allow us to tackle some very challenging issues and bring continuous improvements to the industry.
- Determine Water, Oil & Solvent cuts within Core or Emulsion Fluids
- Oil & Water Content in Full Diameter Core via NMR Scanning for the Full Well
- Oil & Water Characterization
- Reservoir Characterization
- Production Metering (Water Cut & Multiphase Meter) for Heavy Oil & Bitumen (SAGD/CSS/CHOPS)
- Heavy Oil & Bitumen Characterization
- T2cutoff Determination and Calibration
- NMR Logging Tool Calibration
- Unconventional Core NMR
- Tight Core Analysis
- Tailings Research
- Evaluate Reservoir Engineering Issues
- Mud Invasion Studies
- In-Situ Asphaltene Deposition