We are in the process of creating a team for the design, construction, assembling, commissioning and maintaining a series of laboratory and field systems.
We are seeking up to four team members who will possess the following expertise:
Full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical and electronic systems for a variety of purposes, including measurement, controls, instrumentation, lighting, power sources and communications. Experience with Magnetic Resonance, instrument to controller communication (e.g. Modbus) and Labview will be a priority. Expertise in software development, electronics, EM systems, Magnetic systems are highly desirable. Experience with construction and certification of high pressure fittings is also very desirable
Location: Calgary, AB (Local Candidates Only)
Type of Employment: Part Time, Contract
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Maintain and exceed the company’s high standards concerning safety, quality, efficiency and communication
• Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
• Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, and composition.
• Install various electrical systems and related equipment
• Utilize electrical engineering principles and technologies for application in industrial control and measurement, and computers
• Fabrication and programming of test control apparatus and equipment
• Test accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
• Degree in Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Physics or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution.
• Experience and detailed knowledge of electronic circuits, integrated systems, and web-based control
• Experience with computer-assisted engineering and design and internet programming (e.g. HTML, Java, PERL, PHP)
• An entrepreneurial spirit with an eye for precision and a drive for effective solutions
• Valid First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, WHMIS certification
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience will be an asset. Preference will be given to experience in Field Testing and Commissioning
• Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines.
• Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Please submit your resume at [email protected]