Searching for the Best Talent
If you feel you are the best of the best, then send us your resume and cover letter today!
We are ACTIVELY seeking to hire an Electronic & Instrumentation Technologist at this time.
Regardless, we employ you to check out a few of the positions we have, as we are always on the lookout for the absolute top talent in the field.
We are an R & D Laboratory engaged in state-of-the-art research in core analyses. We are seeking for an Instrumentation Technologist who will possess the full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical and electronic systems for a variety of purposes, including measurement, controls, instrumentation, lighting, power sources and communications. Preference will be given to technologists who have industrial experience, research and development / laboratory experience, Oil and Gas experience, and a good track record of safe and high quality workmanship.
Location: Calgary, AB (Local Candidates Only)
Type of Employment: Part Time, Contract
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Maintain and exceed the company’s high standards concerning safety, quality, efficiency and communication
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Install various electrical systems and related equipment
- Utilize electrical engineering principles and technologies for application in industrial control and measurement, and computers
- Fabrication and programming of test control apparatus and equipment
- Test accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Diploma in Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution or Degree
- Experience and detailed knowledge of electronic circuits, integrated systems, and web-based control
- Experience with computer-assisted engineering and design and internet programming (e.g. HTML, Java, PERL, PHP)
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an eye for precision and a drive for effective solutions
- Valid First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, WHMIS certification
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Preference will be given to experience in Field Testing and Commissioning
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Willingness to work rotation based schedules
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment with an attractive performance based compensation package with benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If that sounds like you, then please send your resume and cover letter today. Although we are not actively hiring Core Analysis Specialists at this time, we are always on the lookout for the right person.
If that sounds like you, then please send your resume and cover letter today. Although we are not actively hiring Engineers at this time, we are always on the lookout for the right person
Why Choose Us
- Gain great experience and learning opportunity from some of the industries top experts
- Help push the boundaries of science for the oil and gas industry
- Work with talented individuals as part of a small team; your individual efforts actually matter
- Enjoy the flexible work environment that suits your lifestyle